XXConcealed Handgun License - Initial (Three Day) Class
The Academy at DFW Gun offers 2 convenient ways to complete the training requirements to receive a license to carry a concealed handgun from the Texas Department of Public Safety. We offer a one day class every weekend, and this three (3) consecutive nights class during the week starting each night at 5:30pm (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday). Upon successful completion of the class and submission of the application materials, the state will issue you a license as soon as 60 days, assuming there is no legal disqualification. Our CHL class package includes the following:
- Training by a DPS certified instructor
- Qualification on our in house DPS approved range (indoor, safe, clean, and temperature controlled)
- Application Preparation Assistance
- Handgun (if none available by student) for use during range qualification
- Safety glasses, and hearing protection for use during range qualification
Note: In accordance with the State of Texas as of March 1, 2011, all fingerprints must now be done electronically through an L1 finger printing location. We will also be referring students to L1 for their passport photos.
- Concealed carry law
- Where you can carry and where you cannot
- When you can use force or deadly force
- Legal implications of use of force or deadly force
- Texas weapons laws
- Nonviolent dispute resolution
- Firearms safety
If you have further questions, please call at 214-630-4866 or check out the Department of Public Safety’s website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/chlsindex.htm.
Handgun gun, 50 rounds of ammunition, safety glasses, and hearing protection for use during range qualification. It is no longer required to have your application packet before you begin class. If you do not have your Application Packet, we have them available.
There are currently no scheduled classes for this course. Please check back soon.