Ethics & Multiculturalism for Private Security
The private security industry, clients and the public at large continue to expect greater amounts of professionalism from private security companies and the security officers they employ. Security officers who embody ethical decision making and have the ability to interact professsionally with different groups and cultures can greatly reduce liability and increase client satisfaction. After completing the course the students will:
- Understand professionalism as it applies to private security
- Understand the crucial role of ethics as it relates to professionalism
- Understand civil and criminal laws related to unethical behavior of security officers
- Understand concepts in ethical decision making
- Understand concepts surrounding multiculturalism and human relations
- Understand the similarities and differences between prejudice and discrimination
- Understand the concept of impartial professionalism
- Have greater understanding of facts and issues surrounding age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and mental illness
Paper and pen.
There are currently no scheduled classes for this course. Please check back soon.