Concealed Handgun License - Initial (One Day) Class
Effective September 1, 2013, the Texas Concealed Handgun License Class is a Four Hour Class, not including RANGE TIME. Our class will be approximately Five hours with range time.
The Academy at DFW Gun offers 2 convenient ways to complete the training requirements to receive a license to carry a concealed handgun from the Texas Department of Public Safety. We offer this one day class, and an evening class on Thursday nights. Upon successful completion of the class and submission of the application materials, the state will issue you a license as soon as 60 days, assuming there is no legal disqualification. Our CHL class package includes the following:
- Training by a DPS certified instructor
- Qualify in house on our DPS approved range (indoor, safe, clean, and climate controlled)
- Application Preparation Assistance
- Handgun (if none available by student) for use during range qualification
- Safety glasses, and hearing protection for use during range qualification
Note: In accordance with the State of Texas as of March 1, 2011, all fingerprints must now be done electronically through an L1 finger printing location. We will also be referring students to L1 for their passport photos.
- Concealed carry law
- Where you can carry and where you cannot
- When you can use force or deadly force
- Legal implications of use of force or deadly force
- Texas weapons laws
- Nonviolent dispute resolution
- Firearms safety
If you have further questions, please call at 214-630-4866 or check out the Department of Public Safety’s website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/chlsindex.htm.
Handgun gun, 50 rounds of ammunition, safety glasses, and hearing protection for use during range qualification. It is no longer required to have your application packet before you begin class. If you do not have your Application Packet, we have them available.
There is a qualification at the end of this class. We will give guidance on handgun safety, but you must have basic handgun skills and shooting experience prior to this class in order to qualify.
There are 11 classes scheduled for this course. Choose a scheduled class time below to continue:
- March 08, 2014 09:00 AM (Registration Closed)
- March 09, 2014 09:00 AM (Registration Closed)
- March 13, 2014 04:30 PM Register
- March 15, 2014 09:00 AM Register
- March 16, 2014 09:00 AM Register
- March 20, 2014 04:30 PM Register
- March 22, 2014 09:00 AM Register
- March 23, 2014 09:00 AM Register
- March 27, 2014 04:00 PM Register
- March 29, 2014 09:00 AM Register
- March 30, 2014 09:00 AM Register