An Introduction to Carbines/Rifles - Small Group
The Introduction to Carbines (M4/AR-15) is a 2 hour firearms training course designed to instruct basic knowledge, skills and tactics associated with owning and operating the Carbine safely; includes: eye & ear protection, carbine & target
- Carbine knowledge and Handling
- Characteristics of the Carbine
- Disassembly and Maintenance
- Fundamentals of rifle shooting
- Zeroing the Carbine
- Shooting Positions
- Gear and Gear Placement
This course is designed for the person with little to no knowledge of the Carbine or the shooter that has never attended any formal training on the Carbine and needs a refresher. This course is also beneficial for the shooter having trouble keeping consistent shots on target and needs to go back to basics.
This course utilizes both classroom instruction and range time. The hands on instruction enables high information retention from the shooter.
The range portion of this course instructs on how to properly attain a zero on the Carbine utilizing proper “sight-package” trigger-control and breathing. It also covers the basic shooting positions and ready positions. Basic magazine changes and gear placement.
Note: A registration for this class is for one person. Each person must register.
60 rounds of 5.56 or 223 ammunition. Semi-Automatic, magazine fed, iron-sighted or optic mounted Carbine with an optional sling. Three M4 magazines. Additionally, a belt with M4 belt magazine holders and/or chest rig can be used. Carbine can be provided Note: Ammunition and equipment can be purchased at the range for range shooting portion of the course.
There are 12 classes scheduled for this course. Choose a scheduled class time below to continue:
- April 18, 2021 01:00 PM Register
- April 24, 2021 03:30 PM Register
- April 25, 2021 03:30 PM Register
- May 01, 2021 01:00 PM Register
- May 01, 2021 03:30 PM Register
- May 02, 2021 01:00 PM Register
- May 02, 2021 03:30 PM Register
- May 08, 2021 03:30 PM Register
- May 09, 2021 01:00 PM Register
- May 15, 2021 01:00 PM Register
- May 15, 2021 03:30 PM Register
- May 16, 2021 01:00 PM Register