Home Defense Tactics (Castle)THIS CLASS WILL TEACH STUDENTS THE BASIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ATTITUDE NECESSARY FOR DEFENDING THEIR FAMILY AND THEIR HOME WITH A HANDGUN. STUDENTS WILL GAIN KNOWLEDGE ON DIFFERENT TYPES OF FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION AND LEVELS OF EFFECTIVENESS, HOW TO SAFELY STORE FIREARMS, HOW TO DEAL WITH FIREARM MALFUNCTIONS, PROPER USE OF COVER AND CONCEALMENT, RELOADING UNDER DURESS, CLOSE RANGE SHOOTING TACTICS, LOW LIGHT SHOOTING, AND THE LAWS THAT APPLY TO CITIZENS WHEN DEFENDING THEIR HOME.
- This course is best for those who already have handgun experience, or have taken the Introduction to Handguns or a similar course.
- Firearms safety in the home
- Handgun types and calibers
- Ammunition choices and availability
- Operation and safety features
- Gun accessories: night sights, flashlights and lasers
- Safe storage of the weapon and ammunition
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Interactive speed reloads
- Stress reloads, clearing jams
- Shooting positions
- Use of cover and concealment
- Legal aspects and consequences of the use of deadly force and the “Castle Law”
- Home safety strategies
- Responding to a life-threatening encounter
- Anatomy of injuries
- Defensive accuracy
- Close range
- From cover
Handgun of choice (revolver or semi-automatic) 150 rounds of range ammo, eye and ear protection.
Note: all equipment is available for rent or purchase at the range.
There are 2 classes scheduled for this course. Choose a scheduled class time below to continue: